Thursday, July 31, 2008

Violated



Last week i had my car broken in to and my purse stolen! They busted the passenger side window and grabbed the purse from the floor. I was in the gym for abou 30 minutes and came out to find i had been violated!! The random part is that exactly the same time i found all of this, my phone stopped working without warning at all ( i had the phone with me). So i had trouble trying to make calls to get credit cards stopped, etc. Luckily we got all of that taken care of within an hour or so and we discovered that the new credit cards that James had given me (from his credit card accounts) with 'Heather Janssen' on them - had already been used by the criminals who did the deed. Those dirty dogs. Anyways, a word to the wise - be extra careful at the gym... I never thought about it much, but apparently i have heard since, that this a huge hot spot because people don't usually take everything in with them. On a positive note - my phone started working (randomly) again on Tuesday. So i went a week of being phoneless and moneyless relying on my generous sugar daddy but now i've got credit cards and debit cards back so i'm on a spending spree to celebrate!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Heather! I just found your blog from Natalie's blog and I love it! So thanks for the post on what happened to your purse - I typically put mine on the floor of the backseat when I go to the gym. No more! I've had my house and storage unit broken into in the past and it's NOT FUN! Keep me posted on wedding plans :)

trina said...

ah suck again! sorry to hear about your purse sweetie!

...but where was the invite to celebrate shop with you?! lol

Marnie said...

Isn't that the WORST feeling. You do feel SOOOO violated. Sorry for the pain in the bum. :)

Giles Fam said...

you kill me! :) Love you

Allison said...

I found your blog from Sara's blog... yay! I'm a blog stalker. Congrats on the engagement! That's awesome!